• H.E. Ambassador Jane Gasu Aheto on Saturday, 16th March, 2019, led the Mission to pay a familiarization visit to the Ghanaian Community at the Bonfi Port, where she met and interacted with a cross section of the Ghanaian Community and local officials.
• On Friday, 22nd March, 2019, Her Excellency also called on Ghanaian citizens domiciled on the Island of Kassa.
• On both occasions, she encouraged the citizens to endeavor to register their names with the Embassy to enable them take advantage of consular services in times of need and also for other future opportunities.
VISIT TO MERCY SHIP
In a spirit of good neighborliness and bilateral cooperation, H.E. Ambassador of Ghana, On 28th March, 2019, at the invitation of the authorities of Africa Mercy Ship Hospital, paid a courtesy call on sick Guinean citizens on the Africa Mercy Ship docked at the Conakry Port.
• The occasion offered the opportunity for H.E. Ambassador to witness at first-hand the delivery of healthcare to the poorest populations in Guinea, and also to discover the modern facilities on the ship.
• The visit also accorded the chance for the Ghanaian citizens serving on the ship as crew members, to welcome their Ambassador on board with enthusiasm.
• It is worth noting that, the Mercy Ships work with host countries to strengthen the local healthcare delivery system, while offering surgical procedures such as, maxillofacial and plastic reconstructive surgeries, general surgeries, obstetric fistula for women, ophthalmic care, orthopaedic corrections, dental, and palliative care, also for children.
The Ship will be in the country for 10 months before moving to its next destination.